Welcome to Flowing Wells Junior High School, proud home of the Mustangs! We have great pride in our school, our staff, and our students. We are glad that you have chosen to visit our website and learn more about this special place that we call Flowing Wells!
We have the pleasure of teaching close to 900 seventh and eighth graders every day. Our teachers and staff are committed to providing the best teaching and learning experiences for every child at our school. We believe that junior high is a critical time in each child’s academic and social development. Therefore, we work hard to actively engage students in learning and provide instruction that is rigorous and relevant. In addition, we know that junior high is a great time for students to have fun! Please explore our website to see all of the ways that we provide opportunities for students to get involved in sports, clubs, travel, fine arts, technology, and leadership.
We encourage parents to check on student progress by using their child's PowerSchool Parent Portal account. This tool allows parents and students to see current grades, attendance, and progress. It also allows parents to contact teachers via e-mail.
Please spend a few moments in this site to stay familiar with our school, our calendar, and our upcoming events. Our FAQ page will help answer some questions, but please feel free to contact us anytime with questions or concerns.
Happy Holidays Mustang Families!
This message contains information for December 2014 and January 2015. As always, I encourage you to continue your involvement in your student’s academic progress and school activities.
Mark your calendar for some exciting and upcoming news and events.
- Choir Concerts - Mr. Snook’s choir concerts are on Wednesday, December 10 at 5:30 and 6:30 p.m. Mr. Snook will take some of his choir on the Cantos Bellos trip from December 3 – 6. They will perform on the Queen Mary and will enjoy some time at Disneyland. Have fun!
- Mustangs on the Move - Our FWJHS Boys Basketball Tournament begins on Wednesday, December 10 and goes through Saturday, December 13. Teams come from all over northwest Tucson to compete for the Flowing Wells Northwest League 8th Grade Boys Basketball Tournament trophy. Good luck, Mustangs!
- First Semester Grades - Please remember that December is the end of the semester. It is extremely important for the students to pass final exams in all subjects. Parents, please work with your child to prepare for these exams each night. Be sure that your student is getting enough rest and is budgeting time to prepare for the exams. It is critical that students get to school on time. Our final exam days are on Wednesday, December 17 and Thursday, December 18. Both days are half days. Students must take finals, which are 20% of their semester grade. Make-up exams will be on the first day back from winter break, Monday, January 5, 2015.
- Winter Break - There is no school from December 19 through January 2. Students return Monday, January 5. The beginning of this new year is a great time to set goals. Please spend time setting goals with your student. Encourage your child to read his/her AR book each night in order to improve reading skills. It is important for students to participate in some type of positive activity after school. Students can become more productive by participating in study halls, clubs, or sports.
- Spelling Bee - Ms. Meyer will host the District Spelling Bee on Friday, January 16, 2015 in the Flowing Wells Junior High Auditorium. Thank you, Ms. Meyer!
- Tax Credits - This is a great opportunity to help our school and yourself when it becomes tax time. If you wish to donate a tax credit, please send it in the form on our district website to Flowing Wells Junior High School, 4545 N. La Cholla Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85705. Please call (520) 696-8552 for more information.
Enjoy the holiday season! Please feel free to contact any of the Mustang team members if you need anything from FWJHS.
Dr. Kimberley Parkinson, Principal